It is vital that members of the public respond to the Scottish Government Public Consultation on Unconventional Oil and Gas, which will run until 31st May 2017. You can view and respond to the consultation here: https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/energy-and-climate-change-directorate/fracking-unconventional-oil-and-gas/
You may wish to look at the Broad Alliance website for more information to inform your response: http://www.broad-alliance.org/
Below is a list of other actions for you to take if you share our concerns about unconventional gas extraction.
- If you live in the Falkirk area you can sign our Community Charter, a rights-based document that sets out all the things in our local area which residents have agreed are fundamental to the present and future health of our communities, and which may be at risk from unconventional gas extraction.
- Register your support of the Community Mandate using our online objection letter which relates to Dart Energy's planning application at Airth/Larbert, and share this link with neighbours, friends, family and colleagues. The deadline for sending comments to the Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals (DPEA) passed on July the 8th 2013 but the planning application is still live and we are continuing to record the objection letters we receive. A large number of objections will aid our cause at the ongoing Public Inquiry.
- Find out more about the current planning application on Falkirk and Stirling council websites and the planning permission appeals:
- Falkirk Council planning application P/12/0521/FUL and Planning Permission Appeal Case Reference PPA-240-2032
- Stirling Council planning application 12/0057 FUL and Planning Permission Appeal Case Reference PPA-390-2029
- Write to your local councillors, MSP and MP. They can be found by entering your postcode at www.writetothem.com.