This report included the following recommendations:
- that the Council advises the Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals that, as at the date of lodging of the appeal, it had had no opportunity to evaluate the information most recently provided by the applicant in response to the application, that information having been supplied on the date the appeal was lodged;
- that the Reporter, in the absence of analysis of the information the Council considers necessary to allow determination of the appeal and evaluation thereof, be asked to refuse the appeal;
- that the Council co-operates in the appeal process and provides any information requested by the Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals (DPEA) with the Director of Development Services being authorised to prepare and submit to the DPEA the Council’s response to the appeal made by the applicant and to handle the appeal process for the Council;
- that the Director of Development Services is authorised to engage such external advisers to assist in the Council's participation in the appeal process as she thinks fit; and
- that the Committee agrees its preferred format for the appeal and reasons therefore having regard to the terms of paragraphs 4.2, 4.7 and 4.8 above and authorises the Director of Development Services to intimate same to the Reporter.
At the Falkirk Council Planning Committee meeting held on 25 June 2013, the committee agreed to accept the Director of Development Services's recommendations regarding Dart Energy's Appeal and ask the DPEA Reporter to hold a public inquiry.